Friday 23 March 2012

Footbike and unexpected pains.

After about a month of kicking on the Footbike Trail, I've started noticing the effects of the workouts.
First of all, after some uphill kicking on the footbike, you'll discover that cycling uphill is incredibly easy. It's true that footbikes build stronger cyclists.
Then, everyone knows that when you start a new type of workout, you'll have to face pains because your muscles start to work in a different way. Considering the type of movement of footbiking, I was expecting to experience calf pains of eventually gluteus pains, but that didn't happen.
After the first two days I had strange pains at neck and arms, and this was totally unexpected because those are the only two parts of the boby that do not move very much during footkìbiking.
I suppose it depended on me keeping the neck and the arms not enough relaxed.
Then once I experience low ab pains, and that was totally unexpected too, as I do a lot of workout for abs. It was after a hard uphill kicking, maybe it was too hard.

All in all I have to say that I am very happy with the workout that comes from intense footbiking, and I feel that I still have a lot to discover and to learn.
Always on topic, in the next days I'll write a post about using the footbike in an urban environment.

No comments: