Thursday 16 February 2012

Sveltus elastic bands

As stated many times, I'm a big fan of bodyweight training. Sometimes I enjoy lifting and throwing heavy things like tires or water tanks, but bodyweight is still my way to go.
To change routine from time to time, I like also some elastic band training. I was used to those cheap rubber bands with poor grippage that would break easily, I don't know how many of them I broke. So finally I decided to spend some money in a better pair of elastic bands, and got two Sveltus Elastibands. They come in different colours, depending on the resistance. I bought the violet ones, that are supposed to be the hardest ones.

As you can see, they are made in fabric with the elastic fibre inside, this means that they do not expand that much but they can become really hard . The numbers correspond to single handles, this ensures that you can use exactly the same portion of band on both arms (or legs), so you exercise both arms or legs with the same resistance.
I have to say that it has been moeny well spent (well it's just 30 euros for a couple of them, so no big investment here), as they are way harder of the rubber ones. They can be combined in one single longer elastic band just putting the end of one in the last handle of the other.
This video offers some inspiration on training with elastic bands:

Elastibands are great because you can bring them everywhere in a little bag, I doubt that bodybuilders can say the same with weights!

No comments: